Collingwood Shipbuilding Co Ltd, Collingwood, Ontario, Canada
5 February 1940
17 February 1945
Sold in 1948
|Dimensions & Displacement|
|Crew||20 (2 officers and 18 sailors)|
HMAS Bonthorpe was requisitioned for naval service from her owners Albany Tug Co, Albany, Western Australia on 27 November 1939 and purchased by the Royal Australian Navy on 30 June 1944.
She commissioned on 5 February 1940 at Fremantle under the command of Commissioned Warrant Officer Stephen Armstrong, RANR (S).
Bonthorpe was based in Fremantle and operated in waters off the Western Australian coast until she paid off on 17 February 1945.
She was sold to Mr C. Dakas of Fremantle in 1948.