HMAS Burra Bra
Mort's Dock and Engineering Company Limited, Sydney
1 February 1943
1 June 1944
|Dimensions & Displacement|
|Length||195 feet 3 inches|
|Beam||31 feet 7 inches|
|Draught||13 feet 5 inches|
|Crew||4 officers, 31 sailors|
|Machinery||Triple expansion 100 HP|
|Other Armament||2 x depth charge chutes|
Burra Bra was the last of the open upper deck passenger ferries used in Sydney Harbour on the Circular Quay-Manly run. She was requisitioned for naval service on 13 November 1942.
After fitting out by Poole and Steel Limited, Sydney, Burra Bra commissioned on 1st February 1943 under the command of Lieutenant Reginald E. Morley, RANR.
The vessel was employed on target towing duties and for anti-submarine training, based at Jervis Bay, NSW. Her duties included co-operation with aircraft of the Royal Australian Air Force.
On 25 August 1943 Burra Bra was purchased by the Commonwealth . Burra Bra paid off into reserve at Sydney on 1st June 1944. She was employed for a period as a sours of steam supply for vessels undergoing refits.
The ship was sold by auction at Sydney in November 1947.